Emergency Injunctive Relief
All motions for temporary restraining order pursuant to Maryland Rule 15-504 shall be processed as follows:
- The motion, affidavits, exhibits, proposed order, and complaint (if applicable) should be filed with the Clerk of the Court, 462 Courthouse East.
- Two copies of these papers should be given to the Clerk to be date-stamped and to receive a case number (if it is a new action).
- The copies should be delivered to General Magistrate Susan M. Marzetta, 232 Courthouse East. Prior to filing, counsel should call Magistrate Marzetta (410) 396-5006 to advise her office of the filing.
- A copy of the papers should be delivered to the opposing party or counsel to effectuate notice.
- If appropriate, Magistrate Marzetta will arrange a tentative date and time for hearing. It is counsel’s responsibility to contact the opposing party or counsel for the opposing party to determine if the proposed date and time is agreeable to both parties. It may become necessary to change the date and time of the hearing.
- The hearing will consist of a screening conference with oral argument in front of the Magistrate followed by a hearing before the Civil Motions Judge, if necessary.
If a temporary restraining order is issued and a bond is imposed, the bond must be posted with the Clerk of the Court before counsel can receive a copy of the order.