- Residency: If you no longer reside in Baltimore City, please provide a copy of your MVA identification or Voter Registration card with your new non-City address. Since your jury record was established using data from either the Motor Vehicle Administration or list of registered voters, it is important that your address be changed with both agencies so that your name may be removed from the jury list in Baltimore City.
- Citizenship: In order to serve as a juror for Baltimore City you must be a citizen of the United States. If you are not a citizen a photo-copy of your student/work visa, resident alien card must be provided and forward to the Jury Commissioner.
- Age: A person who is 70 years of age or older may be excused upon request.
- Medical/Physical: If you need accommodations for a medical or physical condition, submit your written request to the Jury Office along with your qualification form in advance of your service date.
If you are requesting to be temporarily excused for a medical or physical condition, submit a written explanation from your physician to the Jury Office. Be certain to submit the original document in advance of your date of service.
If you are requesting to be permanently excused for a physical or medical condition, submit the medical form provided by the Jury Office. (The form is available here or by calling (410) 333-3775). The medical form is to be completed by a licensed physician and submitted in advance of your date of service. Faxes will only be accepted if received from the office of the signing physician. Send all faxes to the attention of the Jury Commissioner at (410) 333-0087.
- Postponements/Excuses: Any request for postponement/excuse must be accompanied with proper Excuses documentation.
Any further reference with regard to Jury Service can be found in the Annotated Code “Courts & Judicial Proceedings”, Title 8=101 through 401.